I love breakfast. It’s a meal that I could definitely eat three times a day and never get sick of. The possibilities are just endless and breakfast foods are the best. Simply put. Lately, I’ve been getting sucked into those fast-paced videos on Facebook that show you how to make a recipe really quickly. You know the ones. Particularly from Buzzfeed’s Tasty are what impress me most, so I started following their Facebook page. Well, one Sunday morning I watched one, and William and I headed to the grocery store. At 6:00 a.m. Seriously.
The videos always make recipes look so easy. This one really was. And then I had breakfast all week. I made Bacon Wrapped Cheesy Egg Biscuit Cups and was pretty proud of it. After Instagramming my masterpiece, I group texted my family who was instantly jealous.
So while I call them Bacon Wrapped Cheesy Egg Biscuit Cups, Buzzfeed called them “Bacon Egg Cups.” (My name is much more descriptive. lol) Original recipe can be found here. Buzzfeed definitely photographed them better than I did, but I’ve never claimed to be a food blogger, so that’s alright. Now I’m noticing they added chives and a dash of pepper. Definitely prettier. Noted for next time. Anyway, here’s what I did:
Bacon Wrapped Cheesy Egg Biscuit Cups
- 6 mini refrigerated biscuits
- 12 pieces of bacon
- 12 eggs
- cheddar cheese
- Spray muffin tin and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place HALF of one biscuit in each muffin cup.
- Line the muffin cup with bacon.
- Sprinkle cheese inside.
- Crack an egg in each cup.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes (or until bacon and eggs are fully cooked).
These Bacon Wrapped Cheesy Egg Biscuit Cups are so unbelievably filling. After eating them for a couple days in a row, I decided I needed to be a liiiiittle healthier with what I’m eating most of the time. Haha, I love splurging, but there’s nothing healthy about these. Just being honest. It doesn’t mean you shouldn’t make them though! Give them a try for brunch when you have other people coming over to help you consume them…
linking up with peas & crayons for what i ate wednesday ‘
Last weekend, I went to check out Revel Kitchen with one of my foodie friends. The St. Louis Cardinal’s nutritionist is the owner. There are two locations in St. Louis, and we were excited to check it out. We shared:
- Coconut Curry Butternut Squash Bisque: This was the BEST and definitely the hit of the meal. It was so incredibly flavorful. It makes me want to try to recreate it at home. (Anyone have a recipe for something similar?!)
- Cali Club: This was your typical chicken, bacon, avocado sandwich. Honestly, it didn’t do much for us.
- Gotta Thai Try: We added shredded beef to it. This bowl had a lot of potential as it was a mix of cabbage, edamame, carrots, bell peppers, scallions, toasted sesame seeds, but the Thai dressing was a little too salty for our liking.
Honestly, we weren’t quite impressed with Revel Kitchen as we’d hoped. However, the soup was so good, that we’d definitely give it another shot and order different items.
The dinner I’m highlighting is sushi because I can’t ever have enough sushi. Though I’ve never tried / don’t have an interest in making it, I could eat it all day long everyday. Along with breakfast, of course. 😉 And in case you missed my Cucumber Crab Bites Recipe, those are perfect for sushi lovers who don’t want to make their own sushi! Sushi for dinner from a couple of weeks ago:
All sushi is good, but especially if it contains cream cheese and / or tempura anything.
Soooo, these definitely weren’t the healthiest meals I highlighted today, but just a glimpse of some fun meals I’ve been eating lately. Now to get back on track with eating a little healthier…
But before I do, I’ve got to finish my Spring Jelly Bean Trail Mix I still have left!
What’s the best not-healthy thing you’ve eaten lately? (Hey! It’s all about moderation, like I always say…)