I love nut and seed butters of all kinds. I love almond butter. I love cashew butter. I love sunflower seed butter. I love peanut butter. I love coconut butter. I love hazelnut butter. Get my gist here? Well, now I have something else to add to the list. NuttZo. I’m nutz for NuttZo! NuttZo contains seven different organic nuts and seeds and provides a variety of health benefits that are important to include in your daily diet.
About NuttZo: NuttZo is a 100% organic 7 nut and seed butter that is gluten and soy free and contains no added sugars, oils nor preservatives. Available in 3 flavors: Original, Chocolate, and Peanut Free, each blend contains a unique mix of 7 different nuts blended with Omega-3 rich seeds, is high in protein and loaded with essential vitamins and minerals. NuttZo was launched by Danielle LiVolsi in 2009 and deemed one of her favorite super nutrient rich creations she developed while super-boosting her two sons’ vitamins and minerals after adopting them from Ukrainian orphanages in 2002 and 2005. NuttZo donates 1% of gross sales to the non-profit organization, Project Left Behind, that funds programs in orphanages around the world.
Nut / Seed Benefits:
- Peanuts provide over 30 essential nutrients and phytonutrients and are a good source of niacin, folate, fiber, magnesium, vitamin E, manganese and phosphorus.
- Almonds are one of nature’s most perfect foods, offering high levels of magnesium as well as good amounts of potassium, calcium, and fiber.
- Hazelnut pieces exhibit the highest folate content of any tree nut.
- Cashews are high in manganese and magnesium which works to strengthen the digestion and improve flexibility, while manganese and selenium work together to rid the body of harmful oxidized cholesterol.
- Brazil nuts are the number one plant source of selenium which helps protect the body from infection.
- Organic flaxseeds have anti-fungal and anti-cancer properties.
- Sunflower Seeds are little burst of power as they are an excellent source of dietary fiber, some amino acids, and many vitamins and minerals.
- This information and more can be found HERE.
NuttZo is the perfect topping to
everything plain Greek yogurt, chopped apples, a dash of cinnamon, and a drizzle of honey!
NuttZo recently underwent several changes. Their website and packaging got a redesign, but the best change is that NuttZo has switched to all glass jars! This is extra fabulous because I love getting every last drop left in my nut butter jars. I do this by making oats in a jar, but it only works with glass jars. Can’t do it with plastic since you’re not supposed to put anything hot in plastic. With NuttZo changing to all glass jars, this ensures there will not be a single ounce left. The only thing better would be if NuttZo could magically refill the jars once itz empty. Now that’s an idea!
Pancake topped with blueberries, chia seeds, and a scoop of NuttZo (best part!).
NuttZo Availability: NuttZo can be purchased online at www.gonuttzo.com or at Whole Foods Stores across the US, as well as many local gourmet food retailers. Prices range from $12.99 – $19.99. Yes, that seems on the pricy side, but really itz as low as $0.92 per serving! Not so bad when you put it in perspective. And remember, itz organic!
Unfortunately, I don’t have any new NuttZo recipes to give you as the very best way to eat NuttZo is straight out of the jar with a spoon (or a
whole hand finger) as shown in the first picture. Speaking of a spoonful of NuttZo, did you know that you receive over 50% of your daily ADA omega 3 by eating just one spoonful? All the more reason to eat it straight outta the jar! Here are a few recipes by some of my fellow FitFluential Ambassadors:
- Chocolate Muesli Balls (NuttZo also comes in CHOCOLATE!) by Mommy Run Fast
- NuttZo Rice Pudding by Cotter Crunch
- Sweet Potato Brownies (yes, you read that right!) by The Lean Green Bean
- Nutty Chocolate Yogurt and Goin’ Nutz Protein Balls by Fitness, Health, & Happiness
What’s your favorite nut or seed butter? Have you tried NuttZo before?
FitFluential and NuttZo provided me with the product for review purposes only. All opinions are my own.