My heart was warmed with the amount of support I received from yesterday’s post. I cannot express how much all the words, emails, messages, texts, calls, tweets, & comments mean to me. I am touched by how many of you opened up, shared success stories, and sent positive vibes, prayers, and thoughts our way. I feel truly supported and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
*Now totally and completely switching gears… let’s talk about food.
This month’s WIAW party at Peas & Crayons is named Sensible Snacking.
Breakfast: Itz a coconut flour pancake topped with coconut oil and fresh strawberries.
Note: Itz perfectly normal for bloggers to take their food outdoors to capture natural light – itz the best. Please disregard the fact that my breakfast went straight on my patio ground sans pretty placemat. #behindthescenes
Lunch Snack Monster Time: Luckily I still have a lot of swag leftover from Blend Retreat. I’m telling you: we got A TON! Our sponsors were too kind. Little did they know, they’d be feeding me in the following weeks! For a complete list of our sponsors, click HERE.
- Justin’s Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup: Itz as good as it sounds. Any day: Justin’s > Reese’s
- Blue Diamond Blueberry Almonds: Oh my gosh AMAZING! Blue Diamond recently came out with several new flavors including blueberry, raspberry, strawberry, and toasted coconut. Itz like desert at snack time!
- Attune Probiotic Chocolate Bar: Since itz got probiotics in it, itz healthy, right??
- Traditional Medicinals Wellness Teas: These teas came in a lovely wooden holder and the teas are separated by ailments. There are many flavors and I’ve liked all of them except fennel. Fennel is strong in tea! I really like dandelion root.
- Simply Protein Chips: These are pea protein chips in the spicy chili kick flavor. Chips + protein? Yes, I like and the flavor was spot on!
No worries: these snacks were not eaten all in the same day. I really try not to eat more than one packaged snack a day. Whether itz a bar of some sort or a bag of chips. Really, I do. Sometimes I even put a bunch of veggies together for a really pretty snack plate.
The veggies got dipped in a new creation of mine. I’ll be sharing the recipe tomorrow, but just to excite you I’ll tell you that itz got just FIVE ingredients in it. That’s my kind of recipe!
I’ve tried a couple new-to-me drinks lately, also. I received coupons for free product at Blend Retreat and was excited to give them a shot!
- KelVita Sparkling Probiotic Drink: The lemon cayenne flavor was very refreshing. There wasn’t quite as big of a kick from the cayenne as I anticipated, but it was still a tasty, bubbly drink.
- Good Belly Probiotic Juice Drink: Good Belly drinks come in a variety of flavors, and I chose the Tropical Green. It was a mildly sweet, thick juice.
I can’t say if either of the probiotic drinks “worked” because I don’t really have stomach issues and don’t regularly take probiotics, but both drinks were good to sip on the few days they lasted and I’ve heard how probiotics do such great things to your insides.
Dinner: Ground turkey meat, sautéed onions, pinto beans, cherry tomatoes, garlic, peppers, and corn served over fresh spinach and topped with avocado. I made a spicy greek yogurt based creamy dressing to drizzle on top.
And then my sister surprised us with froyo last night. It ended well.
What have you been snacking on? Do you sit down for three meals a day or are you more of a grazer?