Let me provide my rationale, thinking, and opinions behind today’s post – 5 Non Toxic Safe Cleaning Products For Your Home.
I’m the girl who moves recyclable products from the trash to the correct bin. Being “green” has always been important to me. I try not to waste, I reuse, and I’m pretty into “natural” ways, as well. I try not to take medicine (unless medically necessary!), and I try my best to live a healthy life… my version of a healthy life as everyone’s is different.
Ever since William was born, I’ve begun learning even more about this green, natural lifestyle (if you’d like to call it that). I placed more of an importance on what I put in my body when I was pregnant with him, currently as I’m still nursing, and what I feed him. I’m careful with what I put ON my body, too. Did you know our SKIN is our largest organ and toxic chemicals go through our skin and get absorbed into our bloodstream so quickly? It’s more dangerous to put a product on your skin than to eat because our bodies detoxify what we eat. Our skin does not. Sorry for the side note there. But alas, today’s post focuses on 5 non-toxic, safe cleaning products for your home.
All of these products can be found on the Ava Anderson Non Toxic site. Email me – itzlinz (at) gmail (dot) com prior to ordering for free shipping!
Since William is a baby (ok, toddler), he’s everywhere and into everything. And a good majority still goes in his mouth. He’s getting better about that, but especially in his younger days, literally everything went in his mouth. That meant that whatever products I cleaned his toys or books with was going in his mouth. UGH! That’s when Ava Anderson Non Toxic entered our lives. I feel good about using these products in every room of my house knowing full well that William will be in there. Everywhere from the kitchen to the laundry room to our bedrooms, you name it! Alright, here are the magical safe, non-toxic products:
1) avaHOME Laundry Detergent Pods: ($23.90, set of 2 bags, 24 pods each) These are life changing! I’d always bought “natural” or “baby” or unscented laundry detergent before, but after learning that there was nothing natural about them, I made the switch. William gets patches of eczema and it was suggested to switch laundry detergents to prevent it from irritating his skin further. Along with lotion and non-toxic soap, William’s eczema is completely managed. Also, I don’t have to buy two separate laundry detergents anymore (one for him, one for me). Now I wash ALL our laundry with these pods.
2) avaHOME All Purpose & Glass Cleaner Spray: ($18.95, set of 2, 17 oz each) I use these EVERYWHERE! I constantly wipe down the kitchen counters, I clean the mirrors, and too frequently, I have to clean up William’s throw up in his room. (Yes, he’s still a puker.) It’s great on hardwood floors, and I even use it on his crib. I feel good about it because there are no toxic chemicals that linger in a room where he spends so much time (sleeping). I definitely don’t want him breathing in toxic chemicals.
3) avaHOME Organic Liquid Dish Soap: ($21.95, set of 2, 16 oz each) I feel like people talk all the time about organic food. No matter what your opinion is on the issue, I think we can agree that we should all be cognizant about what we put in our body most of the time. Well, think about the dishes that you eat from. The food sits on there which goes into your body. Soap is more important than you think. Plus, just a drop or two lifts grease with no harmful chemicals. Again, I use this on everything, including William’s bottles, sippy cups, and dishes. (I do recommend purchasing the pump for an addition dollar.)
4) avaBODY Moisturizing Hand Soap: ($24.95, 8 oz soap with pump & 16 oz refill, $13.95 for just the 16 oz refill) How many times a day do you wash your hands, especially in the winter or if you have kids? For me, it’s probably close a million. (Possible slight exaggeration.) I don’t want my hands to get dried out yet I do want them clean without the toxic chemicals, so this moisturizing hand soap is wonderful. I have one in each of my bathrooms, as well as by the kitchen sink.
5) avaHOME Dishwasher Detergent Pods: ($25.90, set of 2, 24 pods each) We talked about the importance of soap on dishes earlier, and dishwasher detergent is no different. In addition, these pods are biodegradable, fragrance free, and highly effective. They make your dishes sparkle! 😉
When viewing the prices, keeping in mind that many items come in sets of two. Usually you pay a lot more for “natural” or “organic” or whatever, but these truly are safe and non-toxic for a really great price! When I first learned about Ava Anderson, I was baffled at how reasonable the prices were. Most of the time, it was actually less expensive than what I was already spending!
And now, the main reason for my desire to have safe and non-toxic products in my home, on our bodies, and all around:
My main squeeze! (Obviously we use avaBABY body wash & shampoo! Haha)
All of these products can be found on the Ava Anderson Non Toxic site. Email me – itzlinz (at) gmail (dot) com prior to ordering for free shipping! Enter January’s party number 125145 when ordering or email me for the current party number.
Whenever you spend $95 or more, you receive a free product! This month, it’s the avaSKIN Moisturizer ($19.95 value!).
Have a wonderful weekend! Stay warm and stay healthy! xo, Linz