Oh hey there! Let’s talk today and we’ll call it Fun Facts Friday, but what it really means is a list of random things I have to tell you about from the past week or so. I miss blogging about my everyday life. I know I’ve said it for the past six months or whatever, but I’d really like to find a routine in blogging again. We’ll see what happens. For now, here’s some Fun Facts Friday.
1. I LOVE Instagram stories! Like seriously love them. I never got on Snapchat because I didn’t understand the point of posting a quick clip that would be deleted soon after, but now I get it. And I love it. It’s like a little glimpse into people’s lives. One of yesterday’s story included William talking to the guinea pigs at his school. “Guinea pigs! Guinea pigs! Guinea pigs, drink water!” Follow me at @itzlinz!
2. This whole getting dark at five o’clock in the evening thing is not cool. It always feels so much later than it really is. And cold weather? Ugh. Give me summer back. William had been sleeping amazingly. Most mornings until 6:30, sometimes 7, which is crazy late for him. Since the time change, he’s been up at six. It’s still great considering where we started, but I liked the later time. Last weekend, we napped together which is a rarity these days. I cherished the snuggles.
3. Four out of the five work days this week I woke up at 5:00 a.m. and got in a 30 minute workout! I have not worked out in the morning during the school year consistently since William has been born. If you read my blog prior to baby, you know I always used to get up at five and go to the gym before work. I loved that routine and felt great the rest of the day. It’s no secret that I’ve struggled to find a workout routine these last two and a half years of being a momma. I kind of found one in the summer, got back in halfway decent shape, and lost it all once the school year began. Let’s hope I’m on to something.
4. Sweet cousins. My siblings and I are all very close, so it’s no surprise our kids are, too. Stephanie tried posing them like when they were babies. You should have seen those Instagram stories! Silly babes.
5. We’ve had a surplus of candy at school these last couple of weeks and I’ve eaten my weight in Almond Joys and Reese’s. I’m done. Take it away. Maybe #3 has something to do with this one. Errrr…
6. These two are basically brother and sister.
7. It was a three day school week for us due to the election. Teachers were contracted for all five. One day was spent working on progress reports and the other day we had district development.
8. Dr. Manny Scott was the speaker for my school district. He is an original Freedom Writer whose story is told in part in the movie Freedom Writers. He was an unbelievable presenter with a very inspiring story. As an educator, I love my job and my students, but I did feel refreshed and was reminded of my purpose after hearing him speak.
9. Yes, of course I voted. And of course I posted my obligatory “I voted” photo. End of story.
10. Are you still with me here? I think this is the longest and most random post I’ve written in six months. If you’ve made it this far, THANK YOU! 🙂
Be the best version of yourself. This means be kind to others. If you want to make a change in the world, do so by example. Do it because there are little bodies, young minds, open eyes, attentive ears, and tender hearts everywhere who are watching, listening, and following.
What’s been going on with you? Share some Fun Facts Friday with me!