The sun was out all weekend, and I’m pretty sure all of St. Louis got out to enjoy it! If not, I’m so sorry because the weather was absolutely perfect and just what we needed! It officially feels like spring is right around the corner. This sunshine and warm weather needs to be here to stay! The weekend was awesome, plain and simple. When the weather is good, it makes everything better. When you’re surrounded by people you love, well, life just doesn’t get better than that, and that’s what this weekend was all about!
William was ready for the weekend before the weekend even began.
He fell asleep on the way to school on Friday morning with his train signs in his hand. Lately he’s been very into hoarding things in his hands while he plays and refuses to put anything down until he literally cannot hold anything else.
My nephew Jacob turned seven on Friday, so everyone went out to dinner to celebrate. I didn’t get any cute photos of William, but he was enamored with his cousins, as always, and LOVED singing Happy Birthday over and over. We went to Jacob’s birthday party on Saturday morning. It was at an indoor soccer park and Star Wars theme. Stephanie went above and beyond, just like she does for every event. After the party, we came home for lunch and a nap before meeting my friend at the park. The weather was almost 80 degrees, just perfect!
We enjoyed lots of time outdoors and took Zoey on a walk when we got home. William was giddy in the sunshine and was laughing as he ran with the dog.
I love that he loves the outdoors as much as his momma!
That evening, I went on a date to 801 Fish. I had previously been to 801 Chophouse, but 801 Fish was newer to St. Louis. Everything about 801 Fish was awesome – the decor, ambiance, and food; it did not feel like we were in St. Louis at all. We ordered and ate enough food for an army and left very satisfied.
- Grilled Oyster: The two times I had oysters previous to this, I wasn’t a fan of the texture. However, grilling the oysters makes a HUGE difference! They were seasoned three different ways. We both agreed the butter Parmesan ones were the best!
- Jumbo Shrimp & Crab Meat: Can’t go wrong here.
- Lobster Bisque: We shared a bowl; I love lobster bisque, and theirs definitely did not disappoint.
- Hushpuppies: These were served with honey maple butter and reminded us of breakfast! The hushpuppies were good (the butter was the best lol), but we would probably try a different side next time.
- Saffron Tomato Cioppino: Littleneck clams, jumbo shrimp, sea scallops, pei mussels, spicy tomato broth – This was his, and I was too full to try it. He gave it two thumbs up and finished every bite.
- Pan Seared New Bedford Sea Scallops: Parsnip puree, roasted butternut squash, hen of the woods mushrooms, crispy pancetta, cranberry gastrique – This was my entree, and oh my goodness it was fabulous! I would definitely order it again, but without all of our appetizers, because I could only eat one and a half scallops by the time it arrived! Everything about it was awesome.
I was STUFFED. I said I couldn’t eat another bite. But then dessert was ordered.
And I easily had another bite. Or twelve. But who’s counting? This was their figgy toffee pudding. The homemade vanilla ice cream complimented the warm dessert. It was gone in no time.
I would highly recommend 801 Fish. Just recapping our dinner makes me drool. Our server told us that they get all of their seafood within 36 hours of it being caught! That’s pretty impressive for a place like St. Louis.
Sunday was a little cooler than Saturday, but the sun was shining, so we were outside a lot. We went to a friend’s house in the morning, so the little ones could play together. Blowing bubbles, drawing with chalk, and kicking balls were the highlights!
William did really well with blowing bubbles and only licked the stick a couple of times! The rest of Sunday included a Starbucks vanilla latte, a four mile walk around a lake, my first trip to Costco, meet up with girl friends, and family Sunday night dinner. Couldn’t have asked for a better weekend!
Did you get outside this weekend?