As a busy mom, I’m always on the lookout for new, easy, healthy snacks. Shoot, I feel like everyone is always looking for new, easy, healthy snacks! Men, women, mommas, college kids, everyone! Let’s be real – EVERYONE needs to eat – it’s all the better if a snack is easy and healthy! Being home with my William this summer has been amazing. We’ve had so much fun and have stayed very busy. He is an incredibly active little guy, barely ever sitting still which means my food choices – meals and snacks – have got to be fast! And of course, I do want them to be healthy.
I was recently introduced to Jack Link’s jerky. The best part? William is too young to eat it, so I don’t have to share! Ok, I’m just kidding, but not really. William was all like #SayYestoJerky!
He really was trying to get in there!
Chicken is a staple in this house. And it’s one of the few foods that William will eat, so I definitely always have chicken around here! Chicken is so versatile, packed with protein, and healthy. Taking chicken on the go? Not so much. I’m totally not going to be the girl that hauls around a chicken to eat. Wouldn’t fit in my diaper bag anyway. But now there is a solution! Chicken JERKY!
Jack Link’s chicken jerky is BRAND NEW! It’s portable chicken for on-the-go, uses white-meat chicken breast, has 11 grams of protein and 80 calories per serving, 98% fat free, lean, and tastes good. It’s seasoned and marinated with cracked black pepper along with sweet and savory spices. Never did I think that I would be carrying chicken around as a snack.
The other two varieties, Jack Link’s turkey original and sweet teriyaki, are both winners, too. The sweet teriyaki is my favorite – such good flavor!
- Jack Link’s Turkey Jerky: Solid strips of lean, white meat turkey breast seasoned and smoked over mesquite.
- Jack Link’s Sweet Teriyaki Turkey Jerky: Soy, ginger, a little onion and a whole lot of perfectly smoked turkey. The very best of East meets West.
On the back of every package, there are different sayings that have been cracking me up. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Eat like nobody is watching.
- No more cheesy fingers.
- A balanced diet means having Jack Link’s in both hands.
Haha. There were other funny ones, but I’m pretty sure I finished the packages before I typed this post. They gave me a good chuckle.
Now… for the best part of this post: Jack Link’s Jerky GIVEAWAY!!!! One lucky winner will receive a gift pack that contains:
- Jack Link’s Chicken Jerky
- Jack Link’s Turkey Jerky
- Jack Link’s Sweet Teriyaki Turkey Jerky
- Water bottle (it’s glass and I’m obsessed!)
- Sweat towel
- EOS lip balm
(as pictured below)
All you have to do is leave a comment on this blog post telling us why you want to #SayYestoJerky. Additional optional entries include:
- Follow Itz Linz and Jack Link’s on Twitter, and tweet the following, “I want to #SayYestoJerky with @JackLinks NEW chicken jerky! Giveaway at @ItzLinz — http://wp.me/p2WMfo-3i4 #FitFluential”
- Follow Itz Linz and Jack Link’s on Instagram.
- Tag two friends on my #SayYestoJerky Instagram post.
Be sure to leave a separate comment on this blog post for each entry. This giveaway will be open until Thursday, August 6th, 2015 at 8:00 pm CST. A winner will be randomly selected and announced on Friday, August 7th, 2015. Closed!
Congratulations to #43 Rae! Please email me your shipping information so we can get your prize pack sent! Thanks to everyone who entered!
This post is sponsored by FitFluential on behalf of Jack Link’s.