This “Easy as Breeze” post is sponsored by Almond Breeze Almondmilk. For more “Easy As Breeze” recipes made with five ingredients or less, visit Almond Breeze on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Summertime. How I love thee. I love the hot weather. I love the cool foods. I love the time off work. I love my time with William. I love summer. I’m a smoothie fan all year round, but especially so in the summer. They’re easy to make, they can be packed with nutrients, and most importantly, they’re cold and delicious.
Strawberry and chocolate is one of my all time favorite flavor combinations. I love vanilla custard with strawberries and hard chocolate mixed in. Unfortunately, it’s not too healthy to eat ice cream for breakfast. Especially everyday. So I found a better solution. A much healthier solution. And one that is equally as delicious. It’s a healthy strawberry chocolate smoothie. Also, beautiful as it is nutritious. Heart healthy, high fiber, no added sugar, you name it, this smoothie has got it all.
There are some options with this smoothie, as well. It contains four core ingredients with three optional mix-ins. I went with them all as you can see from the picture, but use what you have on hand. Here’s what’s inside:
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Chocolate Almondmilk
- 3/4 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed (optional)
- 1 tablespoon hemp seed (optional)
Why is it healthy? Here’s why:
- Almond Breeze Chocolate Almondmilk: 50% more calcium than dairy milk, all natural with added vitamins & minerals, excellent source of Vitamins D & E, good source of Vitamin A, vegan, and free of dairy, soy, lactose, cholesterol, peanuts, casein, gluten, eggs, saturated fat, and MSG.
- Strawberries: packed with antioxidants, loaded with Vitamin C, boost immune system, help fight cancer, naturally sweet, reduce inflammation, regulate blood pressure, and fight bad cholesterol
- Plain Yogurt: no added sugar, contains good-for-you bacteria, loaded with vitamins, may prevent high blood pressure, and high in protein
- Old Fashioned Oats: keeps your digestive system functioning well, high in fiber, rich in vitamins and minerals, and contains complex carbs
- Chia Seeds: natural high-orac antioxidants, essential fatty acids, high in dietary fiber
- Flaxseed: high in fiber, high levels of natural antioxidants called lignans, and mega-source for omega-3s
- Hemp Seed: high in omega-3s, omega-6s, and high in protein
What is your favorite smoothie flavor combination?