Protein powders…. Thoughts? I think they’re great to add protein (duh), but I don’t think they should replace real food. Particularly when working out, it’s extremely important to nourish your body with protein rich foods, and using protein powder is one way to do that. The suggested use for most protein powders are to mix with water or milk. I need a little something more than that. I like to make protein shakes with many fun mix-ins depending on the flavor of protein powder. Vanilla is my absolute favorite since it’s so versatile! A good vanilla protein powder can easily be blended with your choice of milk and a banana for a delicious, protein packed smoothie. Or, you can get creative and add it to oatmeal, breads, or even cookies!
I asked my fellow FitFluential Ambassadors (the experts!) for their favorite recipes using vanilla protein powder, and they came up with a very unique list!
Best Recipes Using Vanilla Protein Powder
- Almond Butter Protein Balls
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Copycat Quest Protein Bars
- DIY Iced Coffee Protein Drink
- Healthy Powdered Sugar
- Holy Cannoli Protein Pancakes
- Horchata Protein Smoothie
- PB&J Smoothie Bowl
- Peach Protein Yogurt Cake
- Pretty in Pink Smoothie Bowl
- Protein Berry Donuts
- Protein Ice Cream
- Pumpkin Spice Protein Cookies
- Vanilla Cake Batter Breakfast Cookies
- Vanilla Plum Crumble Bites
So now the question is… what protein powder will you use? I recently had the opportunity to try a new-to-me vanilla protein powder, and it quickly became one of my favorites for its great taste, stellar nutrition facts, protein sources, and versatility. It’s the DailyBurn Fuel-6 vanilla protein powder. It’s six sources of raw plant protein including pea protein isolate, rice protein, quinoa protein, artichoke protein, hemp protein, and sacha inchi protein. It’s natural and cholesterol free; there are no artificial flavors, colors, or sweeteners. It’s vegan, gluten-free soy free, and contains 24 grams of protein, 160 calories, 3 grams of fat, 4 grams of sugar, and 2 grams of fiber per serving (two scoops).
Some information I found interesting about the six sources of raw plant protein as listed on the container:
- Pea Protein Isolate: Pea Protein Isolate is a natural vegetable-based protein which is derived from yellow peas. It is considered one of the best plant protein source. Pea protein isolate has a balanced amino acid profile and favorable protein concentration. It has good biological value and is easily digested.
- Rice Protein: Sprouted whole grain brown rice protein has an extensive blend of naturally occurring amino acids and minerals. This easily digestible protein is often used by individuals who suffer from certain types of food allergies and digestive difficulties.
- Quinoa Protein: Quinoa’s nutritional profile has made it a popular food worldwide. A unique source of plant-based nutrition, quinoa is one of only a few plant foods that has all nine essential amino acids making it a complete source of protein.
- Hemp Protein: Hemp protein powder is considered one of the plant kingdom’s most complete sources of digestible protein. It has all nine essential amino acids (EAAs) also. EAAs are important building blocks of protein and muscle.
- Sacha Inchi Protein: Sacha inchi protein powder, which originanted in the Amazon, has often been thought of a high-quality “superfood” protein. Sacha inchi has a unique profile of essential fatty acids and essential amino acids.
- Artichoke Protein: Artichoke protein is made of essential amino acids. Arginine is the amino acid in highest abundance, which is an amino acid that has been shown in studies to play a unique role in nitric oxide production in the body and maintaining blood pressure levels that are already within the normal range.
The DailyBurn has a great pre workout amplifier and post workout recovery drink, too.
The pre workout amplifier helps you energize your workouts by providing support to build muscle, hydrate, and delay fatigue. The post workout recovery helps you replenish your nutrients most effectively.
The best part about DailyBurn? They have a FREE 30-day workout program! There is a huge variety to choose from that you can stream quality workout videos to your favorite device. Boom! Now go get your workout on. Then fuel with DailyBurn’s vanilla protein powder in one of the delicious recipes of your choice!
What’s your favorite way to consume vanilla protein powder?
DailyBurn.com is a leading online health and fitness brand, delivering first-class video workout programs and personalized nutrition plans to ensure that members reach their fitness goals. DailyBurn brings fitness and nutrition to members, anytime, anywhere, by streaming HD-quality workouts in a variety of disciplines from dance and high-intensity cardio to yoga, kettlebells and strength training. Unlimited access to DailyBurn’s plans is only $12.95 a month. For more information, visit http://www.dailyburn.com.
This post is sponsored by FitFluential on behalf of DailyBurn.