With Halloween right around the corner, I thought I’d whip up a Halloween Workout for you! These days, my workouts consist of walks through the neighborhood and workouts in my living room. My equipment is limited (dumbbells!), so I like to get creative and mix things up a bit. This Halloween workout alternates cardio blasts with strength training moves for a total body workout that is sure to leave your muscles creepily burning!
Cardio bouts are in green – get your heart rate up! Some notes on the moves:
- 15 walking lunges: alternate legs, lunge low, watch that your knees doesn’t extend over your toes
- 31 seconds jumping jacks: stay low for more of a challenge
- 15 bicep curls & shoulder presses: curl, then press
- 31 seconds mountain climbers: wrists should be directly underneath shoulders
- 15 squats: stick out that booty
- 31 seconds speed skaters: click HERE for a demonstration
- 15 push-ups: nose to the floor
- 31 seconds frog jumps: sit your butt back as you go down to the floor, explode up
- 15 dumbbell rows & tricep kickbacks: a row is like you are starting the lawnmower, then kickback for a tricep burn
- 31 seconds plank: keep your butt down
There ya have it! I was going to do this workout two days in a row, but my legs were on fire after the first day. Thank you, lunges!
Want more Halloween posts? Check out these links for Halloween workouts & recipes:
What’s your favorite Halloween candy?
~ When indulging in a few sweet treats, remember to practice moderation and find balance. Don’t skimp on meals, try to cut calories, spend all day at the gym, or feel guilty about what you eat. Be intentional with what you do and enjoy the holiday! ~