You guys. I worked out. Alert the media, please! I know, I know. I’m impressive. Nevermind the fact that my workout lasted ten minutes. It was ten minutes longer than I had been doing – gotta start somewhere! And don’t knock a ten minute workout. By the end, my arms and legs were both burning and I’m sure I’ll be feeling it tomorrow. All you need is a light set of dumbbells. I used five-pounders, but that was enough for me as I’m just getting back into the workout world!
Oh, and I got a new fancy watch with a heart rate monitor. More on that in a second. Last night after I put William to sleep, I did this quick ten minute workout. I said I was going to try to find ten minutes in the morning, but that’s not working for me. I normally don’t like working out at night, but this seemed to be the only time. And you know what? I didn’t hate it. I loved that I finally did a workout. Ten minutes was all it took. No biggie, but it worked, it raised my heart rate, and it made my muscles burn. Here it is:
I tried to maximize my time by doing moves that were compound exercises (multi-joint moves – aka works several muscle groups at once). Since I was using lighter dumbbells, I did a higher number of reps. I went through it twice and it took ten minutes. Obviously it could be done more times for a longer workout. To make it even more challenging, throw in some mountain climbers or burpees between moves. I’ll try that next time. I’m just starting out again, gotta take it easy at first.
Now about that watch.
Itz the Polar FT60 fitness heart rate monitor with the Polar FlowLink data transfer unit.
Polar FT60 Features:
- The Polar FT60 helps improve fitness and keeps you motivated with the Polar STAR Training Program, which adapts to your personal exercise habits, providing weekly feedback and updated goals.
- It syncs with G1 GPS sensor and S1 foot pod for those who want to begin tracking speed and distance. (RUNNERS!)
- Itz designed for fitness enthusiasts, gym-goers, runners, and any and all active sport participants. aka ITZ FOR YOU!
- Stylish watch that can be worn any time, at work or play.
- Smart Coaching: Polar has 35+ years of developing training features that help interpret training intensity. <– that’s Smart Coaching!
Smart Coaching Features:
- Training plans and challenges on polarpersonaltrainer.com.
- STAR Training Program: Shows you how hard and how much you need to train to reach your long-term goals. Itz designed to keep you motivated all week and every week by using a personal guidance program that’s no further away from your wrist. (VIDEO LINK)
- OwnZone: Knowing the right intensity to improve fitness can be a challenge. OwnZone adjusts your heart rate training zone to perfectly match your body’s current physiological condition. By using OwnZone, you can be sure you’re training at an intensity that improves your aerobic fitness.
- Smart Calories: Calculates the number of calories expended during a training session based on weight, height, age, gender, individual maximum heart rate (HRmax), and how hard you are training.
After Training & Long-Term Training Analysis
- Training Load: This feature within polarpersonaltrainer.com displays a color-coded graph of your cumulative training load, notifying you when you have recovered enough for the next session, and accurately predicting training developments to prevent over-training (SO important!). This data also provides intelligence to modify training sessions as necessary.
- Fitness Test: This feature gets a measure of your current fitness level in just five minutes. By regularly comparing test results, you can see what progress you are making and how your fitness is improving over time. (VIDEO LINK) Itz the world’s easiest fitness test – seriously!
Social Community and Sharing:
- Polarpersonaltrainer.com: An online exercise journal and community that provides guidance, tracks progress, and sets goals.
- You can create a custom training plan or individual personalized program using the build-in planning feature.
- Join the millions of people in the Polar community with Polar Challenges – based on miles, calories, and more.
- Manipulate custom reports on Training Load, training volume, and intensity.
- Share your exercise, and route map with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.
My results from walking in my neighborhood while wearing William for almost an hour:
Itz pretty incredible just how much information it can provide and how easily accessible it all is. I still need to play around more with the smart coaching feature. There is so much it can do, and itz motivating for many reasons. I like it because you can compete against yourself. Showing your heart rate at all times really holds you accountable during your workouts. I logged my results from my ten-minute workout, and will be comparing my results in a couple of days (maybe tomorrow??) when I do it again. Or this weekend when I have the time for another long walk!
William is totally impressed.
To receive 10% off on an FT60, use code FitPolarFT60 (case-sensitive!). This offer expires October 11, 2014. Discount codes for Polars aren’t a regular thing, so I’d use it while you can!
Do you use heart rate monitors when you workout?