Summer pasta recipes – I’ve got them for you in today’s post! The other evening I threw together a pasta that ended up being way better than I expected. Jonny and I thoroughly enjoyed it, so I decided I just had to share it. Itz light, delicious, and perfect for summer.
- whole wheat pasta
- cherry tomatoes, sliced in thirds
- yellow onion, diced
- olive oil
- fresh spinach
- shrimp, cut
- Parmesan cheese
- NuNaturals stevia (or sugar or sweetener of choice)
Note: I didn’t list amounts because I just used whatever we had at home. I did use a one-pound box of pasta and was very generous with the vegetables!
- Prepare pasta as directed.
- Saute yellow onion in olive oil.
- Add in cherry tomatoes and let simmer.
- Stir in stevia.
- Combine corn, garlic, and shrimp to the mixture.
- Toss spinach in and cook until wilted.
- Mix in Parmesan cheese.
- Pour over pasta.
The stevia may sound a bit strange, but it really does work. Itz a little trick my grandma taught me when cooking with tomatoes. Jonny and I were talking about how shrimp doesn’t typically “go” with red sauce, but this really isn’t a red sauce at all. The whole thing is light yet very flavorful.
Here are some other summer pastas by FitFluential Ambassadors.
- Asian Noodle Salad with Peanut Dressing by Melanie at Nutritious Eats
- Skinny Mama Beef & Veggie Manicotti by Jennifer at The Fit Fork
- Gluten Free Spicy Pasta Carbonara by Lindsay at Cotter Crunch
- Caprese Pasta by Ari at Ari’s Menu
- Spaghetti & Spinach Avocado “Pesto” by Ari at Ari’s Menu
- BBQ Chicken Pasta Salad by Ari at Ari’s Menu
- Meyer Lemon Ricotta Penne by Laura at Sprint to the Table
- Balsamic Dijon Pasta Salad by Heather at Where’s the Beach?
- Healthy Pasta Dishes by Monica at Moni Meals
Mmm! Let’s talk pasta for a second, more specifically carbs, because I feel like carbs have gotten a bad rep. I know too many people who won’t eat carbs… even healthy carbs like sweet potatoes, brown rice, or quinoa! My personal opinion is that eliminating any type of food is not a great idea. I mean, there’s some people I know who won’t even eat starchy vegetables. They’re vegetables for crying out loud!
Remember the whole fat free fad back in the day? Yeah, that didn’t last. FOR A REASON! Fat is healthy for you… well, the healthy fats are just like healthy carbs are. We need carbohydrates. They give us energy. I’m not saying to eat a loaf of bread. Everything in moderation, friends. Stop fearing the carbs. I eat pasta once in awhile and I choose to eat whole wheat pasta, brown rice pasta, or quinoa pasta, and I always load it up with plenty of vegetables. And I think I’m doing alright. In terms of other carbs, I always make sure to incorporate some type of carb with my meals and snacks. Sometimes itz in the form of fruit, vegetables, or whole grains. Itz all part of a balanced meal.
Check out this post for additional information if you’re someone who fears the carbs: The Smart Way to Eat Carbs by Pamela at Thrive Personal Fitness.
End soapbox. William agrees with me, just for the record. 😉
What would you put in a summer pasta?