As promised, here is the Mamma Chia giveaway post! But first, itz Wednesday which means itz finally time for What I Ate Wednesday hosted by Jenn at Peas and Crayons – the first WIAW post since baby William’s arrival! The first few weeks after William was born, we were brought and given so much food from our wonderful family and friends. We literally didn’t have to cook or go grocery shopping at all which was really nice. Now, Jonny’s been to the store a couple times and I’ve started putting together some meals. Before we start with the food, let me give you a quick peek at our adorable William:
photo by Stephanie Cotta Photography
And now for food! Here’s [just part of] what I’ve eaten lately:
- Breakfast: Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Overnight Oats – recipe by Julie at Peanut Butter Fingers. Overnight oats have been a staple since I can prep them at night and have breakfast instantly ready in the morning – perfect as my appetite is ravenous! I’ve made these oats several times and will continue to do so. They’re amazing and definitely my favorite overnight oats recipe!
- Lunch: While the first couple weeks was all about convenience during eating, recently I’ve been trying to be a bit more mindful in eating vegetables and more healthfully. I’ve been really into salads; this one includes a bed of spinach with cherry tomatoes, avocado, cottage cheese, walnuts, hemp seeds, and a light drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette.
- Dinner: Crockpot to the rescue! I made barbecue shredded chicken by throwing in frozen chicken breasts and covering it with water and cooking it on low in the crockpot all day. Then I shredded it and added Trader Joe’s barbecue sauce. Corn on the cob and steamed green beans for sides.
- Snack: (one of many) Skinny Peanut Butter Brownie Parfait by Amy at Amy’s Healthy Baking. Obviously I didn’t make it into a parfait, more of a yogurt mess, but it was awesome nonetheless. I ate it for a snack during the day and made it for Jonny’s dessert last night.
And lots and lots of Mamma Chia snacks throughout the day! I was sent a wonderful package filled with their products! Take a look:
adorable baby not included
- One full bag each of Mamma Chia’s NEW black and white chia seeds: the nutritional difference between white and black chia seeds are negligible. I add chia seeds to everything, specifically oatmeal, smoothies, yogurt, and any and all baked goods. Itz an easy way to bulk up the nutritional value!
- Chia squeeze vitality snack packs in their two newest flavors – Mango Coconut and Wild Raspberry. Both flavors were awesome, and I can’t wait to try their other flavors including Strawberry Banana, Green Magic, Apple Cinnamon, and Blackberry Bliss. Mmm, they all sound so good!
- Vouchers for Mamma Chia’s vitality beverages. Have you ever had a chia drink before? The texture is definitely different, but the benefits are fantastic as is the taste! Mamma Chia obviously makes the best with the most awesome flavors including Blackberry Hibiscus, Cherry Lime, Cranberry Lemonade, Raspberry Passion, Pomegranate Mint, Coconut Mango, Kiwi Line, Guava Mamma, and Grapefruit Ginger.
- The book Chia Vitality from Mamma Chia’s founder and CEO Janie Hoffman. Itz Janie’s personal story of how she suffered from a host of debilitating autoimmune diseases, including severe lupus and chronic fatigue syndrome. After years of trying Western medicine, she turned to alternative methods, including mediation, an organic diet, and, eventually, the chia seed. Within three months of making chia a daily part of her diet, she was symptom-free. Chia Vitality nourishes the body, mind, and soul with a combination of yoga, meditation, service, and, of course, the amazing chia seed. In 30 days, this plan harnesses the power of chia as part of a healthful lifestyle to boost stamina, lose weight, get healthier, and feel more alive than ever before. Pretty amazing!
eeny meeny miny moe – which chia squeeze vitality snack should I choose first?
What’s so great about chia seeds anyway? Well, let me tell you! Chia seeds are rich in Omega-3s, antioxidants, protein, and fiber. One tablespoon of chia contains 2,430 mg Omega-3s, 4 grams fiber, 3 grams complete protein, and 60 calories.
Don’t YOU want to snuggle up with Mamma Chia’s chia squeeze vitality packs?! 😉
Mamma Chia wants YOU to #SeedYourSoul and is giving away a very generous package of 7 chia squeezes in varied flavors, 7 beverage vouchers, one copy of the book Chia Vitality, and one Mamma Chia t-shirt ($75 value!). All you have to do to enter is visit Mamma Chia’s website and leave a blog post comment telling us which flavor of the squeeze packs or vitality beverages sound best to you (mandatory). Additional optional entries include:
- On Twitter, follow Itz Linz and Mamma Chia and tweet the following, “I want to taste the magic of @MammaChia in a giveaway from @ItzLinz! http://wp.me/p2WMfo-2nQ #SeedYourSoul “
- Follow Itz Linz and Mamma Chia on Instagram.
- Follow Itz Linz and Mamma Chia on Pinterest.
Be sure to leave a separate comment for each additional entry. This giveaway will be open until Tuesday, May 13th, 2014 at 8:00 pm CST. The winner will be randomly selected and announced on Wednesday, May 14th. CLOSED!
Congrats to #43 Holly @ Eat Great Be Great! Please email me so we can get you your Mamma Chia goodness!
Disclaimer: I received the Mamma Chia products mentioned in this post through a campaign I participated in with FitFluential. No compensation was provided. All opinions are my own.