Itz Friday! Yee-haw! Itz five things Friday which means I get to
spill my guts share five random things with you all today for Clare’s Five Things Friday link up!
1. I made a beautiful green smoothie with hemp hearts.
Mmm! Isn’t it pretty? I’d had this sample package of hemp hearts for too long, and decided this week was the time to try ’em out. Benefits of hemp hearts?
- Incredibly nutritious – per 30 gram serving, Hemp Hearts contain 10 grams of easy to digest plant-based protein and 10 grams of Omegas.
- Hemp Hearts contain more protein and omegas and less carbs than the same serving of chia or flax. (source)
I found hemp hearts to be pretty flavorless which is a good thing because you can add them to anything to get the benefits of their nutritional value. Some people say they have a nutty flavor, but I found them to be very mild. In my smoothie went the hemp hearts, strawberries, bananas, handfuls of spinach, ice, and vanilla almond milk. Now I’ll need to get a full size package of hemp hearts. I’m thinking… iherb?
2. Yesterday morning I emailed my dad a link on how to make a lightbox. He’s incredibly handy and I thought maybe I’d just give it a shot by passing along the directions. Literally just a few hours after I sent him the email, he replied with, “BAM!”
Is my dad not amazing or what?? I seriously could not believe it! Now I need to get some light bulbs, start experimenting, and learn how to use it. My dad is the best! Thanks, Dad!
3. Jonny got me a Miami maternity tank right when he found out I was pregnant. I felt funny wearing it before I was showing, and now that I am, I finally got to rock it!
Quarterback in training, Baby Itz! It feels good to be back in the gym. Itz still low key: walking a couple of miles, lunges, squats, push ups, and light weights, but itz something!
4. I made these delightful cucumber snack bites the other day and forgot to include them in my last WIAW post. But aren’t they cute?
Itz cucumber slices on Triscuit crackers with Laughing Cow garlic and herb cheese.
5. This guy. Date night.
I’ll never tire of our announcement or our gender reveal photos! Love them and love him!
Any tips for me on how to use my new lightbox? Plans for this weekend?