With the holidays in full swing, desserts and sweet treats are always around. There are goodies in the teacher’s lounge, my students have brought me umpteen boxes of chocolates, and at every holiday party there is an assortment of homemade treats. I’ve eaten dessert for breakfast mores times than I care to admit (big thanks to you, Annette!), and have had nibbles here and there throughout the day everyday for the past few weeks.
While I could blame this on Baby Itz, I’m pretty sure itz just because the goodies are around, they’re delicious, and I’m all about treating myself these days. With that in mind, itz still extremely important to remember to eat (or drink!) a plethora of fruits and vegetables. One of the easiest ways to do this is through smoothies (I know you agree, Britt!). There is an all new Veggie Power line available at Smoothie King!
I’ve had the opportunity to try all three, and all three are winners! Right now, Smoothie King’s veggie power line is only available in St. Louis, Missouri and Jacksonville, Florida. Here they are with their descriptions and my own two cents:
- Apple Kiwi Kale: Deliciously defending your immune system with tangy Vitamin C and free-radical fighting antioxidants. This one is my FAVORITE! Itz the sweetest of the three which is probably why I like it so much.
- Berry Carrot Dream: Powerfully packed with Vitamin A for strong eyes and skin, plus heart-healthy fiber for a lean, mean digestive system. This is the second sweetest, and itz bright orange color ensures you’re getting the vitamins and nutrients you’re (I’m) missing when eating all those desserts!
- Carrot Kale Dream: A mighty full serving of veggies plus the Slim & Trim Vanilla Protein Blend for a strong body with fearless immunity. This was the least sweet, but it still could have passed for a fruit smoothie if someone didn’t know better. It also had the most staying power probably due to the protein blend it includes.
All three of the veggie power smoothies are great options for getting a daily dose of fruits and vegetables without even realizing it. In fact, I think itz safe to say that even veggie haters would love these smoothies! The kale and carrots are completely undetectable which is a selling point for some.
Smoothie King is what’s marvelous today!
Well, Smoothie King wants one of YOU to experience the goodness of their veggie power line and is giving away one $25 gift certificate. Itz time to treat yourself during the season of giving, and fuel yourself with fruits and veggies with a Smoothie King smoothie.
Leave a comment on this blog post telling us which veggie power smoothie sounds the best to you (mandatory). Other optional entries include:
- On Twitter, follow Itz Linz and Smoothie King and tweet the following, “I want to try @SmoothieKing’s new Veggie Power smoothies from @ItzLinz! http://wp.me/p2WMfo-26O
- Follow Itz Linz and Smoothie King on Instagram.
Be sure to leave a separate comment for each additional entry (three total entries possible). This giveaway will be open until Thursday, December 26th, 2013 at 8:00 pm CST. The winner will be randomly selected and announced on Friday, December 27th. THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED.
Congrats to #11 Jamie @ Rise.Run.Mom.Repeat! Please email me so we can get your gift card shipped to you ASAP! 🙂 Everyone else, thanks for entering and make your way to Smoothie King to try a Veggie Power smoothie!
*Note: I received a gift card to try the smoothies. All thoughts and opinions are my own.