19 weeks pregnant, seriously? I cannot believe how this time is flying by! Today is actually our twenty week appointment (20 weeks official tomorrow!), which means itz time for the gender prediction post! But first let’s do the weekly bumpdate and details.
Baby Itz: 19 Weeks
Baby’s size? Mango. (I know I said that last week; it was supposed to be sweet potato, whoops! Itz fixed now.)
Maternity clothes? No, just living in leggings and stretchy pants.
Stretch marks? Nope.
Sleep: I haven’t been getting as much sleep as I usually do, but not because of being pregnant. Just have had a lot going on causing me to go to bed later and wake up earlier. Surprisingly, I haven’t been that tired though.
Best moment this week: Arizona, for sure!
Miss anything? Runny yolks in my eggs.
Movement: Sometimes I think I can feel movement, but because I’m not sure what itz supposed to feel like, I don’t know! I do know it feels like “flutters.” Ok seriously, what does that even mean?
Food Cravings: No, but I did order french fries during our Arizona trip which I very rarely do. I wouldn’t call it a craving, but they really appealed to me when I spotted them on the menu. And I ate them. All of them. Without sharing. #noshame
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope.
Gender: We have our ultrasound today, and my sister (photographer) Stephanie is coming with me. She will find out the gender, and we will do our photoshoot tomorrow when Jonny and I find out. We laughed that of course Stephanie will find out before us. Very typical. 😉 You all will find out on Friday.
Labor Signs: None, not that I would know what those feel like anyway!
Symptoms: My lower back has been a little sore the past couple of weeks. I was thinking it couldn’t be because of this whole pregnancy thing since I’m not that big yet, but I don’t know what else the cause would be.
Belly Button – in or out? In.
Wedding Rings – on or off? On!
Happy or Moody? Happy in Arizona, and maaaaybe a little moody otherwise. Though I don’t like to attribute it to pregnancy; instead, people or situations that annoy me. Remember, I’m perfect! Ha, really it doesn’t feel like I’m being unnecessarily moody… That’s how I feel, maybe others would say something different…
Looking Forward To: Finding out if we are going pink or blue!
Gender Prediction – Boy or Girl?
- Chinese Gender Chart: boy
- Cravings: boy or girl?… I don’t really fit into either of these categories. I’m not craving sweets (girl), but I’m not really craving salty (boy) although my order of french fries would say otherwise haha. I’ve really been wanting more hearty meals – burgers, pizza, junk, in general, which I suppose would point to the boy sign. And my sister wanted lots of sweets with her boy and more cravings like I’m having with her girl which leads me to believe girl.
- Morning Sickness: boy – Luckily, I’ve had none!
- Carrying High or Low: uhhh, I feel like I’m not even showing (well, barely), so I have no clue.
- Skin Blemishes: boy – My skin has been super clear. A family friend told me I was glowing a few months ago; unbeknown to him, I was six weeks pregnant at the time!
- Baking Soda / Pee Test: girl – Yes, I actually did this.
- Ring & String Test: boy – The ring went back and forth (not a circle), so I think this means boy… I googled it a bunch and got mixed results.
My kiddos at school… boys think boys and girls think girls. Oh, the logic of fourth graders! (Although many of my family members are the same way – haha!)
Jonny thinks… boy! I asked for any reasons or thoughts… “because itz going to be a boy.” Jonny’s really hoping for a left-handed baseball player. Fun fact: when Jonny found out I was left-handed (as are both my brothers), he asked me to marry him.
Our family’s predictions:
- Girl: Mom, Stephanie (my sister), Justin (my little brother), Jason (my older brother), Amy (Jason’s fiance), Nancy (my mother-in-law), Becca (Robbie’s fiance), Mama (my grandma), Grandma Adelaide (Jonny’s grandma), Grandma Gerry (Jonny’s grandma)
- Boy: Dad, Jack (my father-in-law), Robbie (Jonny’s brother), Papa (my grandpa), Poppy (my grandpa), Daddy Bob (Jonny’s grandpa), Grandpa Carl (Jonny’s grandpa), Dana (Justin’s fiance)
I think… girl! Itz been my gut this whole time. Plus, my brother and sister both had boys first, and I usually do things differently than them. I think itz funny that many old wives tales say I am having a boy, yet many of our family members are predicting girls. I guess we will all find out soon! Either way, I’ll be over the moon happy for Baby Itz!
Make your prediction: BOY or GIRL?