Hi all! Sorry for the late post today. It was a late night last night for me which meant I actually slept in this morning – like big time. And I didn’t have this post pre-written like I should have; hence, why itz going up late today. I’m a slacker in the summertime, what can I say? Anyway, today is Foodie Pen Pals Reveal Day over at The Lean Green Bean!
Click the link above for all the details and to sign up. Basically, Foodie Pen Pals is a program that matches up people (bloggers, readers, anyone!) throughout the country. Emails are exchanged, preferences/likes/dislikes are explained, and then your foodie pen pal sends you a box of goodies in the mail. This month I put together a box for Sierra. Here is what my foodie pen pal, Yinzerella, sent me:
- Matar Paneer: Itz an Indian dish made with green peas and lightly fried paneer cheese in a rich and spicy sauce. I had this for lunch yesterday and it was good. I don’t usually buy boxed foods, so it was fun to try something new.
- Knorr’s Leek recipe mix: I’ll probably use this for some type of dip. Any suggestions?
- Nature Valley Granola Thins: These are covered with peanut butter – my kind of snack!
- Ground Cumin: I need more recipe suggestions for what to use cumin in!
- Tobasco: You can’t tell from the picture, but itz the tiniest and cutest bottle I’ve ever seen!
- Chrysanthemum Tea: This is loose tea and when you add hot water, the chrysanthemum is supposed to bloom. The tea was pretty strong.
- Cookbook Bookmarks: Hilarious quotes on these!
She also sent me a couple pieces of candy. Thanks! As always, foodie pen pals is a fun way to connect with other people and try new food. I highly encourage you to check it out!
What should I make with the leek recipe mix and/or cumin?
The Designer Whey Sustained Energy Protein Powder winners were announced! CLICK HERE to see if you were one of the six winners!