Some people are morning people and some people are not. I get that. But if the morning is the only chance you get to workout, can you turn yourself into a morning person? Yes, you can, and I have five tips to wake up early and workout!
1. Go to bed early! If you’re going to get up early, you have got to go to bed early. Needing 7 – 8 hours of sleep each night is no joke. Just ask this girl. Seriously, get some good shut eye, wake up earlier (and happier!).
2. Set an alarm. Well, duh. But the kicker here is you actually have to wake up to it! Stop hitting the snooze and WAKE UP! I program
a corny an inspirational message into mine to remind me why exactly I’m rising before the sun. Plus, itz a good reminder of how amazing I’ll feel after!
3. Have your clothes ready to go! Minimize excuses and lay all your stuff out the night before. And if you’re a total nerd like me, you’ll have more time to try to match your fitgear. (My sparkly Sweaty Band headband matches everything which is why I wear it all.the.time.)
4. Put all your extra stuff in one place, so itz ready to grab and go! For me, itz my keys, water bottle, magazine, Yurbuds, & iPod. I don’t always read a magazine or listen to my iPod at the gym, but at least I have it in case I do want it. No excuses!
5. Get your butt out the door and GO! Getting there is the hardest part, but once you’re there itz a WIN! And I know you’ve heard the quote, “I regret that workout,” said NO ONE EVER! Itz true. Early morning gym sessions may not be the most attractive, but at least you’re there gettin’ it done. Make it happen, friends!
YOU CAN DO IT!
Are you a morning gym person? Any tips you find helpful that weren’t listed?