Resolutions. That’s a word you’ve heard about 50 billion times in the last week, eh? I’ve never been one to set New Years resolutions. The truth is: I do pretty well already. I eat mostly healthy (trust me, I have more than my fair share of indulgences!). I exercise on a consistent basis (and love every minute of it!). I take care of myself (I get enough sleep and keep stress to a minimum!). I’m happy.
Now hear me out: I’m not saying I’m perfect. By no means whatsoever am I even hinting at that. I think there’s always room to improve, but in general… I’m doing great. Sometimes I think our society places so much emphasis on being superwoman (or man), and it can leave people feeling like nothing they do is ever good enough. Well, I disagree with that. I’m giving you the ok to be content in your life.
Do you want to make resolutions? Go for it! (And if you need help with any aspect, I’d love to help!) Personally, they’re just not for me. I can’t say, “I won’t eat ice cream anymore.” To me, that’s pure craziness! I do make healthy choices, and I think itz important people do, in general. However, I’m also a HUGE believer in listening to your body. If you want ice cream, eat some. This does not mean eat ice cream for breakfast, lunch, and dinner every single day of your life nor does it mean to eat an entire gallon in one sitting. Honor your body, your wants, your cravings in moderation!
I strive to be a better person each and every day. I do like to try new foods and new ideas which is why I will be trying the New Year New Rules program. Now, this may seem hypocritical to everything I just wrote. However, itz not a diet nor a resolution – just a 15 day program with real food and clean eats. We’ll see how it goes and I’ll be sure to share with you my feedback.
Making small changes to live a healthier life are the way to go in my book. For example, “I will eat breakfast everyday,” or, “I will get 8 hours of sleep each night,” or, “I will move my body 4 times a week.” THOSE are goals worth setting if you need somewhere to start.
The winner of the NatureBox giveaway is #79 Brittany! Congratulations! Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org in the next 48 hours with your mailing address. Thank you to everyone who entered! You may order your own NatureBox by visiting their site and using the code “HEALTHY” to receive $5 off your order. Great deal!
Several Other FitFluential Ambassadors’ Take on Resolutions: (worth reading!)
- Why NOT being your leanest is 100% ok! <— Great article about being confident AND happy – couldn’t agree more!
- New Year, New Goals: How Do You Wanna Feel? <– Amazing! A plan and an example of how you’ll actually achieve your goals!
- No resolutions, but much success! <— Resolutions are not the end all be all. Success CAN still happen without resolutions.
- Cleansing: Physical, Mental & For the Home <– Ways to make a fresh start in 2013.
- Setting SMART Goals <— Studies have proven the effectiveness of SMART goals which is why we use them at school all.the.time.
- One Word is the New Resolution <– Amanda’s word is PURPOSE. What’s yours?
Do you set New Years resolutions? What are your thoughts on the matter?