1. Sometimes, when I go to bed after Jonny and Zoey, I find that my spot is taken.
But I’m ok with it (especially when I get a picture) because itz so darn cute.
2. For those of you that follow me on Instagram (follow me at ItzLinz), you probably saw my beautiful looking pancake yesterday morning. More often than not, my pancakes have difficulty flipping (itz the pancake’s fault, not mine – obviously), so when they turn out, I get happy. And yesterday’s was especially pretty!
I topped it with fresh strawberries and Artisana coconut butter. My pancake yesterday was an easy recipe of 2 eggs, 1/3 cup oats, dash of milk, 1 tsp ground flaxseeds, and 1/2 tsp baking powder.
3. I’ve been obsessed with coffee recently. Usually, I’m not a huge coffee drinker, but I do enjoy a cup here and there. Coffee tends to be more of a vacation thing for me; not sure why. I don’t need coffee or caffeine in the morning to get going. However, lately itz been more about the creamer than it has about the coffee.
We first discovered Natural Bliss Sweet Cream when Jonny and I vacationed in Arizona earlier this year. Robbie and Becca had a huge jug of this in their fridge that Jonny and I went through embarrassingly fast. We bought them another, but I’m pretty sure we went through that, too. Obviously, adding cream and sugar to coffee is not a nutritional star, but like I always preach: everything in moderation is fine. Although there hasn’t been much moderation with the creamer over here, so I should probably stop buying it.
Actually, I intended on just buying it once – as a treat. So I bought a huge jug (not pictured). But then my sister tried it at our house and was hooked! (Surprise surprise, copy cat again. ) Well, she couldn’t find the creamer at her normal grocery store, so being the kind sister I am, I picked one up for her. Well, I forgot to bring it to her. Again, and again, and again. Then, we ran out of ours, so I opened hers.
4. I recently bought these awesome green Birkenstocks on Rue La La.
My mother-in-law got me hooked on Birkstenstocks, and now itz the only sandal I’ll wear. They are perfect for my high arches, and stylish, too. The green ones make my third pair. And when I find them for half the price, well, itz no question there.
5. I’m working out with my brother Jason this morning. He asked me to kick his butt for a legs workout, so we’ll be doing this one.
We both can expect major DOMS. Itz a killer every time!
6. Speaking of Jason, he gets a High Five for today.
Jason was recently asked to be the VP of Sales for Push Global Proximity Marketing - bringing new bluetooth and smartphone marketing to local businesses. This is quite the honor and a job that he will definitely succeed at (as always). Well-deserving of a high-five!
My mom also gets a high-five for having hand surgery yesterday. She is recovering like the strong woman she always is and I aspire to be.
I chose to use a picture of me and my mom from Barbie’s wedding instead of the picture my dad sent of my mom in the hospital bed (though that was pretty, too!). You’re welcome, Momma! We’ll give my mom a figurative high-five instead of a literal high-five, since… well… her hand and all… #dumbjoke
And now I’m off to
drink my third cup of coffee meet Jason at the gym.
Tell me a Friday Fact about yourself!