Boy, have I got a recipe for you. This one is sure to knock your socks off, and while it looks extremely fancy (and it is), it is totally doable, but sure to impress all who is lucky enough to be invited over for breakfast.
SUPERVALU INC. sent me ten WILD HARVEST products free for the purpose of a blog entry and a fun, healthy recipe. WILD HARVEST prides themselves on their organic and natural products which I love.
The dish I created is called WILD HARVEST Southwestern Spiced Benedict. There is half of a toasted english muffin with a slice of turkey, poached egg, and spiced hollandaise sauce sitting on top. Surrounding the open-faced Benedict are delicious dollops of black bean puree and WILD HARVEST mild mango peach salsa.
Not only is this breakfast like none other, it packs a nutritious punch, as well. While it seems as though it would be terribly unhealthy, itz not! The hollandaise sauce is created out of nonfat greek yogurt. This increases the protein count, and diminishes the use of butter as most hollandaise sauces use. You are sure to be satisfied.
WILD HARVEST Southwestern Spiced Benedict
Black Bean Puree:
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 can WILD HARVEST black beans, rinsed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup chicken stock (unsalted) plus more, as needed
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 3 egg yolks
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon WILD HARVEST ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon WILD HARVEST ground ginger
- 6 WILD HARVEST cage free grade a large brown eggs, poached
- 3 whole wheat English muffins, toasted
- 6 slices turkey
- WILD HARVEST mild mango peach salsa
Black Bean Puree:
- Sauté onion, pepper, and garlic with olive oil over medium-high heat (being careful not to burn) until the vegetables are soft and/or onions are translucent.
- Add WILD HARVEST black beans. Continue to sauté for 4 minutes. Let cool.
- Transfer to a blender or food processor and purée. (Add additional chicken stock as needed.)
- Beat WILD HARVEST cage free grade a large brown egg yolks, greek yogurt, and lemon juice in double boiler.
- Cook for about 15 minutes or until thickened. (Sauce will become thinner as the WILD HARVEST cage free grade a large brown eggs cook, but the sauce will thicken up again soon after.)
- Remove from heat and add parsley, WILD HARVEST ground cayenne pepper, WILD HARVEST ground ginger, salt, and Dijon mustard.
Putting It All Together:
- Place one slice of turkey on half of a toasted English muffin.
- Gently layer one WILD HARVEST cage free grade a large brown egg (poached) on top.
- Spoon a generous portion of the Spiced Hollandaise on top.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Alternate dollops of the Black Bean Puree and WILD HARVEST mild mango peach salsa around the plate.
While consuming this delectable dish, it is imperative that careful navigation of the plate is performed in order to get a little bit of each of the flavors that this dish has to offer.
And then itz equally important to eat every.last.bite.
Because itz just that good.
Want to come over for breakfast?