Weekends are too short, aren’t they? I can’t complain though since it’s summer and I’m teaching summer school, so my days are limited to four-hour work days. And this is my last week. Then itz really summer. How marvelous! Speaking of marvelous…
1. Spending time with my family. I am lucky that most of my family (We miss you, Boy!) lives in town, and we enjoy hanging out and being together. Yesterday, I went to my parents’ house, and my dad and I took the boys to a nearby pond to feed the geese. Jacob was super scared of the squakers and hid behind my dad in fear.
It didn’t help that my hilarious father kept throwing the bread right.at.our.feet! I wasn’t loving how close they were, so I ran off with Jacob and Jackson not far behind! Aunt Lindsay to the rescue!
2. Getting in two, extremely hard workouts! I wrote briefly how I wasn’t totally feeling my workouts lately, but that changed this weekend. On Saturday, I met my brother at the gym for a workout. However, we ended up seeing our friend there who convinced us to try a TRX class. It completely kicked our butts!
More on the TRX class later. Like maybe tomorrow. Before the class, I ran a mile (RWRunStreak going strong!). On Sunday, I met my sister at a total conditioning class that also kicked my booty! And I convinced her to run my one mile after the class with me. Yay for workout buddies! And yay for my brother and sister finally joining my gym!
3. Finding enormous vegetables at the Farmer’s Market. My dad and I went to the Farmer’s Market. (This is becoming a bi-monthly thing for us to do together, and I’m loving it!) We found and bought the biggest zucchini I have ever seen. (Sidenote: Any stellar zucchini recipes out there? E-mail me or link up in the comment section!)
[No inappropriate jokes, please.] Seriously, have you ever seen a bigger zucchini?
4. Converting my sister with the one, sparkly nail. After enduring months of ridicule from my sister (aka SCP) of why would I paint just one fingernail a different color or full of sparkles, she finally tried it herself. And loved it. “I just can’t stop looking at my nails!”
Mmm hmm. That’s what I thought. Copy-cat.
5. GIVEAWAY!!! Today will be the last and final bottle that Barlean’s is giving away for the summer. They have graciously given away four bottles ($25 value each!) throughout the month of June. The flavor of the week is: Pina Colada!
Some facts about Barlean’s Omega Swirl Pina Colada Fish Oil:
- EPA/DHA: 720 mgs Per Serving!
- Made with Barlean’s Fresh Catch® Fish Oil
- Purity Guaranteed – Ultra Purified
- Delicious, All-Natural Fruit Flavors – Sweetened with Xylitol
- Freshest, Best-Tasting and Most Nutritious Naturally! (source)
All of Barlean’s Omega Swirls taste so unbelievably good! They do not at all taste like traditional fish or flax oil, yet they deliver all the benefits. Honestly, the way I use the Omega Swirls the most is straight off the spoon. Seriously! However, the Pina Colada Fish Oil would be an amazing addition to this pina colada smoothie. Mmm! Or how about these pina colada oatmeal cookies? Marvelous!
For your chance to win a bottle of Barlean’s Pina Colada Omega Swirl Fish Oil, all you have to do is comment below with how you would use the Pina Colada fish oil. Stay up to date with this contest and other exciting news by following Itz Linz on Facebook. You may earn additional entries to this giveaway by subscribing to Itz Linz, following Itz Linz on Twitter, following Barlean’s on Twitter, and/or tweeting,
“Pina Colada is the perfect summer flavor! Win a bottle of @barleans Omega Swirl Pina Colada ($25 value!) from @ItzLinz. http://wp.me/p264zq-BM”
You have until Thursday, June 28th at 7:00 pm CST to enter. Winner will be chosen on Friday, June 29th and will have 48 hours to contact me or another winner will be drawn. This giveaway is open to US residents only. Thank you, Barleans, for giving away yet another marvelous bottle!
Happy Monday, friends.