This weekend truly was marvelous all around. Our Friday night picnic and Saturday morning outdoor breakfast completed our staycation. Then our Sunday, Father’s Day, was packed with food and family. And when I say packed, I mean packed. At 10:30 a.m. we met my dad’s side of the family at a restaurant for brunch. Around 2:00 p.m., we went to my grandparents’ house on my mom’s side for some pool action. Hot dogs, hamburgers, and chicken breasts were grilled along with much other food. Then, to complete our day of food, we had 6:30 p.m. reservations with Jonny’s family at a restaurant. Food overload!
The food was tasty, but the company was better. I began the day with a one-mile warm up before attending a total conditioning class that totally
conditioned kicked my butt. Alright, let’s get to all things marvelous.
1. My father. Simply put, my dad is an amazing man. He is thoroughly enjoying his recent retirement with my mother, and I think the entire family can say that we are truly blessed to be able to spend much more time with him now. I always tell my dad that he is the smartest person ever. Luckily, his favorite child (me) takes after his perfection.
We celebrated my dad all day long yesterday during Father’s Day, as well as both my grandfathers, Jonny’s grandfathers, Jonny’s dad, my brother, and brother-in-law. Lots of wonderful fathers out there and we are blessed to have them in our lives!
2. Father’s Day gifts. Sometimes I have a very hard time coming up with gifts for people around holidays. When we have a lot of people to buy for, and we have several occasions throughout the year to gift, good ideas can be difficult. But sometimes, I get these genius ideas, and this weekend was one of those times. We wanted to do something small, yet personal, useful, and different. After discovering
how good I am at making bread how delicious the garlic herb bread is, I decided to make a loaf for each man and pair it with a bottle of olive oil for dipping.
I love gifts that are non-traditional, and these certainly were. The dads seemed to enjoy it and hopefully they’ll like it more once they try the bread! (Best recipe ever for garlic herb bread found here.)
3. Jackson and Jacob. My two nephews are, by far, the cutest little boys around. During brunch, we took several breaks outside where there was a fountain. There were coins at the bottom of the fountain, and the boys didn’t understand why, so I got to explain how you make a wish and toss in a coin. Of course, they wanted to try many times over.
There were 24 wishes for dragons and race cars made in that fountain yesterday. And yes, Jacob really is wearing suspenders.
4. Audrey Rose. I wouldn’t be a good aunt if I didn’t include my niece in this marvelous post, too. She’s a cutie and loves, loves, loves to be held. She can be fussy with some, but she never cries with me. I only hand her back when she spits up.
5. GIVEAWAY! This week’s flavor of Barlean’s Omega Swirl is Strawberry Banana. This is a truly delicious flavor and goes wonderfully in oatmeal, smoothies, on top of pancakes, and just by itself. Some facts about the flax oil:
- An Excellent Source of Omega-3s – 2,620 Per Serving!
- Made with 100% Organic, Cold-Pressed Flax Oil
- 100% Vegetarian
- Delicious, All-Natural Fruit Flavors – Sweetened with Xylitol
- Freshest, Best-Tasting and Most Nutritious Naturally! (source)
For your chance to win a bottle of Barlean’s Strawberry Banana Omega Swirl Flax Oil, all you have to do is comment below with how you would use the Strawberry Banana Flax Oil. Stay up to date with this contest and other exciting news by following Itz Linz on Facebook. You may earn additional entries to this giveaway by subscribing to Itz Linz, following Itz Linz on Twitter, following Barlean’s on Twitter, and/or tweeting,
“I want to win a bottle of @barleans Omega Swirl’s Strawberry Banana Flax Oil ($25 value!) from @ItzLinz! Enter here: http://wp.me/p264zq-AD”
Leave a comment for each separate entry and best of luck!
You have until Thursday, June 21st at 7:00 pm CST to enter. Winner will be chosen on Friday, June 22nd and will have 48 hours to contact me or another winner will be drawn. This giveaway is open to US residents only. Don’t forget: this giveaway will continue throughout the month of June, so check back next Monday to find what the flavor of the week is and then on Friday to see if you won!
Have a marvelous Monday!