1. Go-Go Goji Green Tea. Green Tea, gojiberries, lemongrass, pomegranate seeds, cornflower blossoms, and blueberry flavoring.
I finally joined in with the #teatime12 party. My dad and I went to the Farmer’s Market on Saturday (which is marvelous in itself!), but what’s even better is that my dad bought me a new tea: Go-Go-Goji. I even got a chance to try out my teapot made for loose tea. The Go-Go-Goji tea is delicious; it’s mild, yet fruitfully flavorful! And speaking of tea, this brings me to number two:
2. Tea. Fifty Shades. Bed. Sunday. I was late jumping on the Fifty Shades of Grey bandwagon, but oh.my.goodness. I started the book on Friday, really got into on Saturday, stayed up late, woke up early, and stayed in bed drinking tea and reading on Sunday morning.
Now I know what all the fuss was about! I could not put it down! I haven’t read a book that captivating in a long time. I had to keep rereading my tea mug: stop. smile. breathe. Haha! Now I’m anxious to get my hands on the next two books!
3. Mama. I’ve written about my lovely grandmother before, but she is seriously the coolest lady around and definitely deserves to be in this marvelous post. A dear family friend was in town this past weekend, so we had a big family dinner last night at my parents. We got on the topic of Fifty Shades and Mama confessed to reading all three books! We had quite a fun conversation and then spent time googling pictures of who would be Christian Grey. Heheh. We decided Colin Egglesfield would be perfect.
4. Trader Joe’s Whole Wheat Pizza Crust. Jonny and I have made pizza at home before, but that usually just entails buying a premade crust and then layering it with toppings. I decided to pick up the whole wheat dough at TJ’s after reading the label and discovering how simple it was to make. (All you have to do is spread the dough out, put your sauce and toppings on, and pop it in the oven!) Plus, it was only a little over a dollar compared to the premade crusts which cost four or five.
It wasn’t a perfectly circular pizza, but after it came out of the oven I decided it looked like a misshapen heart, and I was okay with that. First, I spread tomato sauce and sprinkled seasoning on the dough, and then I cooked peppers, onions, and mushrooms on the stove before putting them on the pizza. Then, I sliced up sausage (fine, it was actually Tofurky sausage, but it tasted really good!) and put that on top, too. Next, I sprinkled a little bit of TJ’s parmesan cheese (the best!), and cut thin slices of brie cheese made out of goat milk (also purchased at TJ’s). It was faaaan-tastic!
5. Giveaway time! Last week, I told you that every Monday in June, I would be giving away a different flavor of Barlean’s Omega Swirls. You can read my full review here, but I want to give you some additional facts about the Omega Swirls.
- All natural
- One spoonful a day
keeps the doctor awayand you’ve got your optimal Omega-3 dose
This week’s flavor that will be given away is Key Lime. I have not yet gotten to try this, but it sounds delectable and perfect for summer. You could make a key lime pie and sneak this in. :) (I’m all about being sneaky with my cooking!) Though, truthfully, once people actually taste the key lime, I’m sure sneaking wouldn’t even be needed.
For your chance to win a bottle of Barlean’s Key Lime Omega Swirl Fish Oil, all you have to do is leave a comment down below telling me one thing about why summer is awesome. Stay up to date with this contest and other exciting news by following Itz Linz on Facebook. You may earn additional entries to this giveaway by subscribing to Itz Linz, following Itz Linz on Twitter, following Barlean’s on Twitter, and/or tweeting, “I want to win a bottle of @barleans Omega Swirl in Key Lime ($25 value!) from @ItzLinz! http://wp.me/p264zq-z7″ Leave a comment for each separate entry and best of luck!
You have until Thursday, June 14th at 7:00 pm CST to enter. Winner will be chosen on Friday, June 15th and will have 48 hours to contact me or another winner will be drawn. This giveaway is open to US residents only. Don’t forget: this giveaway will continue throughout the month of June, so check back each Monday to find what the flavor of the week is and then on Friday to see if you won!