My Spring Break is officially ending. It was a fun and relaxing week of traveling, working out, hanging with family, lots of walks, sparkly pink nails, slicing, fro yo, tasty eats, productivity, and goodies! Yesterday, the weather was gorgeous; I got outside for a couple of walks to simply enjoy the fresh air.
My girls had a soccer game and we won! That makes our team 4 and 1. It’s awesome to be able to coach such a wonderful group of girls with positive attitudes and true talent. My brother, nephew, and husband came to the game and then we all went to dinner after. Jonny and I have been dog-sitting his parents’ dogs for the past few days. One of the dogs, Zorro, is Zoey’s brother. The other dog is Paris and they are absolutely best friends.
Zoey, on the other hand, prefers her own space and tends to be a bit of a loner.
This morning I rocked it at the gym [again!] with the last workout for Week 9. This is definitely my favorite workout of the week. I’m not sure what it was, but I felt really strong throughout the whole workout and was just enjoying all the iron pumpin’!
Week 9 Day 6: Shoulders, Triceps, Calves, & Sprints
- *Superset – Bench Press: 3 sets of 15 reps (30 pounds)
- *Superset – Jump Rope: 3 sets of 1 minute
- ^Superset – Bench Dips: 3 sets of 15 reps
- ^Superset – Mountain Climbers: 3 sets of 15 reps
- *Tripleset – Dumbbell Upright Row: 3 sets of 12 reps (15 pounds)
- *Tripleset – Arnold Dumbbell Press: 3 sets of 12 reps (15 pounds)
- *Tripleset – Jump Rope: 3 sets of 1 minute
- ^Tripleset – Side Lateral Raise: 3 sets of 12 reps (10 pounds)
- ^Tripleset – Tricep Pushdown (rope): 3 sets of 12 reps (30 pounds)
- ^Tripleset – Jump Rope (high knees): 3 sets of 1 minute
- *Superset – Medicine Ball Push Ups: 3 sets of 10 reps
- *Superset – Push Ups: 3 sets of 10 reps
- ^Tripleset – Standing Calf Raise: 3 sets of 20 reps (70 pounds)
- ^Tripleset – Sitting Calf Raise on Leg Press Machine: 3 sets of 20 reps (150 pounds)
- ^Tripleset – Jump Rope: 3 sets of 1 minute
- Cardio: 30 minutes Run/Walk Intervals
28-Day Healthy Eating Challenge
I signed up for this event through the Whole Foods in St. Louis. (There are always TONS of events going on here!) What is it? They are weekly meetings during April that include a quick lecture and cooking demonstration. Why did I sign up? I do know how to eat healthy, yes; however, I am not a professional and feel like I can always learn more. I am stoked to see what new information will come my way.
Here are the topics that will be covered:
- Whole Foods
- Plant Strong
- Healthy Fats
- Nutrition Dense
Also, I signed up with a friend. Sometimes it is hard to find time to hang out, so now we are guaranteed to see each other once a week for the month of April. Yay! Don’t worry, I will definitely share what I learn in this class with you. If you are in the St. Louis area, I highly encourage you to sign up, too! I mean if nothing else, I’ll be there! 😉 Pre-registration is required, so sign up before it gets sold out. (Sign up here.)
I’m off to seize my last day of break before returning to my kiddos! And I have grocery shopping, laundry, food prep, and family dinner to accomplish today/tonight, so I best get started! Happy Sunday to you!
Have you ever been to a Whole Foods event? Do share!