Hello! Ever since coming back from vacation I have been go-go-go! Would you believe that I even unpacked our bags the day we got back? Believe it because it’s true. Not like our last trip when our suitcases sat for several days… It definitely helped that we arrived mid-afternoon as opposed to late at night. Plus, we were greeted with warm weather and after a couple of cold, cloudy days in Arizona we welcomed the heat! In addition to the high temperatures is the fact that spring is here!
Little buds and flowers are popping up all over the place and I am definitely loving the greenery and spring colors. When I got home I had a package waiting for me. (Actually I had three packages waiting for me, but you’ll have to wait to find out what the other two were! ;)) Last week I won a giveaway that Rachel at Passing Daisies hosted. She sent me a box of six EcoTrek Fitness bars.
(Yes, I sure did put this bar in the grass to take a picture. I told you… I’m loving the green!) Best part? The flavor is Chocolate Raspberry. Mmm! I literally ate this for dessert one day. It is packed with 10 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber. Plus each bar has six servings of fruits and vegetables in it. Winner winner!
I jumped right back on the workout wagon when I came to town. Week 9 Day 2 of LiveFit went even better than Day 1. A man actually commented to me at the gym, “Wow, that looks really hard!” It was hard… Hardcore! 🙂
Week 9 Day 2: Back, Arms, Abs, & Sprints
- *Superset – Wide Grip Lat Pulldown: 3 sets of 15 reps (50 pounds)
- *Superset – Underhand Cable Pulldown: 3 sets of 15 (50 pounds)
- ^Superset – One Arm Dumbbell Row: 3 sets of 15 reps(15 pounds)
- ^Superset – Exercise Ball Pull-In: 3 sets of 15 reps
- *Superset – Seated Cable Rows: 3 sets of 15 reps (12 pounds)
- *Superset – Jack Knife Sit-Up: 3 sets of 15 reps
- ^Superset – Bent Over Barbell Row: 3 sets of 15 reps (30 pounds)
- ^Superset – Mountain Climbers: 3 sets of 20 reps
- *Superset – Dumbbell Alternating Bicep Curls: 3 sets of 20 reps (15 pounds)
- *Superset – Bench Dips: 3 sets of 12 reps
- ^Superset – Preacher Curl: 3 sets of 12 reps (20 pounds)
- ^Superset – Push-Ups: 3 sets of 12 reps
- *Superset – Tricep Pushdown (rope): 3 sets of 12 reps (25 pounds)
- *Superset – Mountain Climbers: 3 sets of 20 reps
- ^Superset – Cable Rope Overhead Tricep Extension: 3 sets of 12 reps (15 pounds)
- ^Superset – Air Bike: 3 sets of 25 reps
- Cardio (30 minutes): alternating 1 minute walking (3.5) with 1 minute running (7.0) at incline 1.0
Hardcore is right! LiveFit suggested doing 30 second intervals of running and walking, but I think that is too short. By the time the treadmill actually reaches it’s given speed, it’s time to change again! One minute intervals suited me just fine. I covered 3 miles in about 33 minutes which I was happy about considering I walked half the time.
After the gym, I went to Trader Joe’s and then our local grocery store to stock up since our house had absolutely no food in it. I was a busy bee in the kitchen as I prepared dinner for Jonny and for my good friends who just had a baby. Preparing two full meals at once is a lot of work! I loved it though and now we have leftovers for lunch and dinner for a few days! I took my friends dinner and got to meet Baby Ainsley for the first time.
Ainsley is a doll! She is literally perfect and was quite content sleeping in my arms while I was visiting. I get to see her again on Friday. I love babies! Speaking of babies, I’m helping my sister with a photoshoot this morning. Yay!
In between my business, I needed to give Zoey a bath as she has been a bit itchy lately.
Zoey does not like baths one bit. It doesn’t help that we need to leave the shampoo on her for a good five minutes as she stares at us with puppy eyes and whines pitifully. Once she dries, she smells so good and her hair is so soft (not to mention clean!).
Have you been busy lately?