The theme of this month’s WIAW is green. Jenn has the best ideas, don’t you think? Like February with veggies, this encourages me to include some type of green food at each meal. While I don’t always succeed, I think I do pretty well. 🙂
No green in this oatmeal, so I thought a green placemat would suffice. Yeah? I made this bowl of oats on the stovetop which always makes them a lot thicker and creamier. In the mix: 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats, 1 cup vanilla almond milk, 1 banana, 1 large spoonful of peanut butter, wheat germ, and cinnamon. This bowl actually kept me full until lunch which is a rarity. For lunch was basically another breakfast. 🙂 I went with eggs since we didn’t have much lunch food in the house and I love eggs anyway.
3-eggwhite spinach omelette with more greens on the side. Made in the morning and reheated at school. After lunch snack today was eaten and included something tasty from my last Foodie PenPal package!
The Pure Apple Cinnamon Bar was purely delicious! Again, not green, but this time the wrapper saves the day. The texture reminded me of Larabars and the taste really was like apple pie. It was sweet, but not too sweet and definitely satisfied my sweet tooth and hunger. Remember how last week’s WIAW included some of Mama’s famous cabbage rolls? Of course you do! Well, I recreated her recipe using ground turkey meat instead of cow.
I made a large batch (not as large as Mama’s), so these will definitely be consumed tomorrow night for dinner and for my lunch. I’ll post my recipe later, but for now you can have a sneak peek of what the rolls included.
They came out pretty well if I do say so myself. And Jonny says so too, so you know they were legit. You can’t see the green, but I did use green cabbage to wrap them up. Green points for me!
Now for the fitness part of today’s post:
Week 7 Day 3: Chest & Abs
- Barbell Bench Press (warm-up): 1 set of 8 reps (15 pounds)
- Reverse Tricep Bench Press: 4 sets of 8 reps (15 pounds)
- *Superset – Dumbbell Flyes: 4 sets of 8 reps (12.5 pounds)
- *Superset – Dumbbell Bench Press: 4 sets of 8 reps (17.5 pounds)
- *Superset – Incline Dumbbell Press: 4 sets of 8 reps (15 pounds)
- *Superset – Parallel Bar Dips: 4 sets of 8 reps
- Cable Cross Over: 4 sets of 8 reps (15 pounds)
- Medicine Ball Crunches: 3 sets of 25 reps (12 pounds)
- Hanging Leg Raise: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Reverse Crunch: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Elliptical: 30 minutes
That’s it for today! Stay tuned, my friends, because I have some pretty awesome posts coming up… Including a giveaway! Become a fan of Itz Linz on Facebook to be the first to hear. 🙂
What is something GREEN you have eaten lately?