Happy Monday! Itz a new day and a new week and the beginning of the Best Body Bootcamp Challenge! All of the details for the challenge can be found here, but part of the challenge includes setting two mini-goals each week.
My goals for Week 1:
- Drink at least 48 ounces of water during the daytime.
- Stretch for 10 minutes each day.
My reasons behind my goals:
- I know I drink enough water by the end of the day. I consume 32 ounces during my morning workouts. I drink at least 24 ounces with my lunch. I drink between 16 – 32 ounces with my dinner. That is over 64 ounces each day. However, since I workout, I know I need more, and I know I should be drinking water throughout the day; not just large amounts in a few sittings. My goal of drinking 48 ounces came from my lovely peace sign tervis tumbler. 🙂 It is 24 ounces, so I want to consume two of them throughout the day.
- Stretching is so important. I know this. Yet I still don’t do much of it. Yeah, I’ll hold a pose for a few seconds and consider myself “stretched,” but I want to make a more conscious effort of really stretching on a daily basis.
As I mentioned before, I am continuing with my LiveFit trainer workouts since I am halfway through and then I will continue with the workouts for the challenge. (Tina said it was fine to do that!) With that being said, today marks the beginning of Week 7.
Week 7 Day 1: Arms & Abs
- Narrow Push-Ups: 4 set of 15 reps
- Seated Tricept Press: 4 sets of 8 reps (25 pounds)
- *Superset I – Cable One Arm Tricep Extension: 3 sets of 8 reps (7.5 pounds)
- *Superset I – One Arm Reverse Grip Tricep Pushdown: 3 sets of 8 reps (10 pounds)
- *Superset II – Skullcrushers: 3 sets of 8 reps (20 pounds)
- *Superset II – Close Grip Barbell Bench Press: 3 sets of 8 reps (30 pounds)
- Incline Dumbbell Curl: 4 sets of 8 reps (12.5 pounds)
- Dumbell Alternating Bicep Curl: 4 sets of 8 reps (15 pounds)
- Barbell Curl 21’s: 2 sets of 21 reps (20 pounds)
- Elliptical: 30 minutes
My goals are set, my workout is complete, and I’m pumped up about the challenge and a new week! On a more debbie-downer note, Zoey was extra whiney this weekend after her doctor visit on Wednesday. But at least she has been sleeping through the night after her initial disheveledness. She did look really cute all snuggled up in our fleece blankets though.
Zoey may be five years old, but she’s still got those puppy eyes! Last night, I was craving something sweet, so what did I do? I made something delicious, of course! Truth: I love warm fruit. Oftentimes, I buy frozen fruit and stick it in the microwave to defrost and heat it up. Mmm. Mango is one of my favorites. Last night I ate warm grapefruit and it was quite the decadent dessert for being a fruit. There are just three easy steps and I would highly recommend following them.
Grapefruit Crème Brûlée
1. Peel and slice a grapefruit. Arrange slices on a cookie sheet.
2. Sprinkle brown sugar on top. (I probably used 2 tablespoons total.)
3. Broil on high for about 5 minutes or until the brown sugar starts turning brown(er).
The little burned parts taste like roasted marshmallows. Mmm! You are probably wondering why in heavens I named this “grapefruit crème brûlée.” You are, aren’t you? The brown sugar makes a hard top while the inside is soft and juicy and grapefruity. Totally crème brûlée-ish.
What goals have you set for yourself recently? Do you like warm fruit?