Last night Jon-Jon had a bellyache, so we laid low and stayed in. (Not that we had
any big plans anyway.) I was totally fine with staying in because I am always drained on Fridays. So, I doused Jonny with DigestZen, heated up some soup, and played around in the blog-world. Seriously how exciting are my Friday nights?
I was reading Ashley’s blog and found her Fudgy Chocolate Chip Protein Pizookie. She describes a Pizookie as a “deep dish ooey gooey deep dish cookie.” YUM! Right then and there, I knew what my Friday night would entail: Pizookie Party.
The recipe is super simple, but I didn’t have any pumpkin on hand. Instead I substituted applesauce and used real peanut butter instead of PB2 and eliminated the cocoa powder. (I don’t love super chocolatey things.) I also subbed flaxseed meal for the flour, added cinnamon, chia seeds, and vanilla extract. But besides that, I followed Ashley’s recipe. 🙂 I popped the concoction in the microwave and BAM! I had a tasty and healthy dessert! Sorry, babe… if you were feeling better I would have shared. Maybe next time.
Staying in meant going to bed early. Really early. Is it weird that I actually enjoy crawling into bed at 8:00 p.m. on Friday nights? Eh, whatever, I do. It worked out well because I needed to be at the gym right when it opened at seven to crank out my workout. Yesterday’s workout was a repeat of legs and it was much easier than last time! Yay for improvement!
Today’s workout was Shoulder and Abs day.
Week 3 Day 5: Shoulders & Abs
- Seated Dumbbell Press: 3 sets of 12 (12.5 pounds)
- Barbell Rear Delt Row: 3 sets of 12 (30 pounds)
- Dumbbell Front Raise: 3 sets of 12 (12.5 pounds)
- Seated Arnold Press: 3 sets of 12 (12.5 pounds)
- Dumbbell Lateral Press: 3 sets of 12 (7.5 pounds)
- Seated Bent Over Rear Delt Raise: 3 sets of 12 (10 pounds)
- Crunches on the ball: 3 sets of 25 (15 pound medicine ball)
- Roman Chair Leg Raise: 3 sets of 12
- Oblique Crunches: 3 sets of 20