Since you know I like recapping each part of my vacations, I thought today I’d focus on the food. While in Arizona for a few days, we mostly cooked and ate at home. And by “we” I mean Justin and Dana (Well, the cooking anyway. I definitely participated in the eating!). Cooking and eating at home [usually] is healthier and saves money. And it works out way better with a little one.
We purchased that hook-on high chair for the trip, and it was perfect!
Alright, a look into my meals for today’s WIAW:
Justin was in charge of breakfast and loves eggs as much as I do!
- Eggs and chicken sausage
- Eggs and roasted vegetables
- Eggs and quinoa and bacon
Mmm, everyone loves some good bacon once in a while, right? I sure do. Justin used leftover quinoa and combined it with the eggs to make the last couple eggs go further. Smart thinking!
So I clearly did a poor job of taking pictures of lunch. This was the only one I photographed and it was turkey, cheese, hummus, horseradish, and mustard in a spinach wrap with blueberries, a pickle, and an orange fresh from their backyard.
Another day for lunch, I just grazed on snacks, and one day Justin and I stopped at D’lish which is a MUST if you’re in Scottsdale. Along with our meal, we both ordered a “Breakfast Buzz” which includes vitamins, protein, espresso, milk, peanut butter, banana, and chocolate. It’s amazing. Since we were eating it in the afternoon, I ordered mine without the espresso, and when the guy delivered our drinks, he said, “Here’s the Breakfast Buzz and the Buzz Kill.” LOL.
Justin and I walked to Buzz Berry and ordered a green juice and a gigantic cookie. Hey, it’s all about balance, right? The juice was very green. We both agreed it could have used an apple or a hint of something sweet. The cookie was fantastic!
I forgot to photograph our first dinner, but Justin made chicken, sweet potato fries, and vegetables. The rest of our dinners were as follows:
- Shredded pork that Dana made in the crockpot with barbecue sauce, quinoa, and roasted vegetables
- A ton of sashimi and sushi from Sakana. Justin sure knows how to order! That photo was just half of what we got. There were rolls, too. I had a seaweed salad before this came which hit the spot; it has been awhile since I’ve gone our for sushi! Also, did you know you can order fresh wasabi?
- Dana picked up dinner from Flaco’s Tacos. We got fish tacos, steak tacos, and a mushroom taco. Beans, rice, chips, and guac were a must! Great last dinner!
A photo of us during our night out:
I love those two!
And my only request in regards to food for the week was to go out for ice cream. They took me to Sweet Republic and it definitely didn’t disappoint.
One scoop salted butter caramel and one scoop brown butter pecan. Nothing beats real ice cream. So rich, so creamy, so good!
Do you like to eat out or stay in and cook while on vacation?